Guess who discovered the wonderful world of mainstream media? Our little Isaac has lost quite a bit of the baby-boy quirkiness in his answers, but he still manages to get a good line in here and there. (This year's answers bolded, previous years' answers in grey.)
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
8: A whole tub, maybe the whole world, full of video games.
7: My perfect happiness is when we have the families together and we're playing on the beach.
6: When I be a good student [sic] and I learn a lot of stuff.
2. What is your greatest fear?
8: Probably the part in "Indiana Jones" when they drip like wax candles.
7: "Indiana Jones"...I'll never watch it again in my whole life.
6: About fighting a bully!
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? (explained as a bad habit)
8: Cracking my knuckles.
7: Cracking my knuckles.
6: Like when I don't win a game or something, then I get jealous.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? (explained as a bad habit other people have)
8: Probably cheating.
6: Well, C-- likes to fight a lot of the time, and this boy that has freckles all over his face with a cap on, he's a little bit mean.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
8: Z---, because he has a lot of Skylanders.
7: Well, Justin Bieber's kinda cool. He was only a teenager when he started singing.
6: Well, D--'s halfway because he's half kind and half silliness. And Ca-- is the same too. And F-- too. And E-- and K--. And the two chicks. And Daddy. And Emily. And you. And myself.
6. What is your greatest extravagance? (explained as most expensive or fancieset thing you have or like to do)
7: Reading "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes." That was pretty expensive.
6: To play with my little laptop thing. It's not the baby one, but the blue one. And there's like 22 games that you can play, but some of them are just telling you just some words and stuff.
7. What is your current state of mind?
8: I'm thinking about Tin Tin...I just like him. I also admire him.
7: I feel excited because I have all these exciting thoughts in my head.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? (explained as something people think is really good, but isn't that great)
8: Doing math skills because they're just so easy to me. Well, most of the time. And people think I'm a math genius, but I think "Nah, it's just that I practice a lot."
7: Bakugan. They're only just little spinning tops with a ripper.
6: At my archery classes and at my abstract I'm not very good.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
8: Sneaking on the iPad.
7: If I'm gonna get in really really big trouble.
6: I lie on Mr. Dan [his summer camp counselor] one time and I lie to my parents a lot too.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
8: Having glasses, because most of my classmates don't have glasses.
7: Well I don't really know how to smile that good.
6: When my toes fall asleep, it hurts.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
8: L---. Because he teases me.
7: C---. Because he always fights for checkers.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
8: They get more rights than women. For example, boys go to the Olympics and girls don't. (!!!)
7: They have different skins and it looks like a little rainbow.
6: I like boys that are nice and kind.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
8: Knowing more than boys do. For example, when women are older, they are smarter than men.
7: They're stylish and they look kinda beautiful.
6: I like girls who share jokes but not a lot and not laugh too much.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
7: The word "like." I say "like like like" almost in every sentence.
6: Like, a, and I, and me. And my.
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
8: Shouldn't you ask me this when I'm a little older? Oh, I can say a thing? Then it's video games.
7: F---. Although we are keeping it a secret. Everyone wants us to kiss.
16. When and where were you happiest?
8: The time I won $10 in the estimation contest at my school.
7: At Knott's Berry Farm when we went on the Log Ride.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
8: The talent to pick your nose with your tongue.
7: The talent of being king.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
8: I don't know, I'm pretty much one of the best people I know (quoting "Diary of a Wimpy Kid").
7: My smile. It's just kinda fake.
6: To not lie.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
8: Winning a bowling game without my glasses.
7: My greatest achievement is going on the iPad on Casey's Bedroom.
6: Being a grown-up boy.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
8: I would like to be a superhero in a video game.
7: It would be a spy because I think they're so secret.
6: To be a hawk. Because I want to be like an animal that can eat a lot of food because I'm always hungry!
21. Where would you most like to live?
8: I'd like to live in Canada, because it snows a lot there.
7: Alaska because I want to see snowstorms.
6: When I'm the animal? No? Um, in a haystack. Or maybe a straw house.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
8: Isn't it obvious? Video games! Plants vs. Zombies.
7: "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes."
6: My Leapster 2 game!
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? (explained as what is the saddest thing you can think of)
8: Being alone in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean with no fish, no sharks, just water. Nothing at all, just water.
7: My whole family except my sister dying.
6: When the ant died in "Honey I Shrunk the Kids". [editor's note: he BAWLED at the scene where the ant died defending them against a scorpion. It was so incredibly sweet at the time, but I couldn't believe he remembered it!]
24. What is your favorite occupation?
8: My favorite thing to do is looking at a good facts book.
7: Go to school.
6: To just read books and do games.
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
8: I have brown glasses.
7: People remember my hair color. Everyone thinks it's black. [editors note: it's actually quite light brown.]
6: I have the same hair as you.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
8: That they like playing handball with me.
7: That they look forward to meeting me.
6: When I play with them in the pool.
27. Who are your favorite writers?
8: Gene Luen Yang for his "Avatar" comics, and Dr. Seuss.
7: Bill Watterson
6: Eric Carle who wrote "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
8: Batman, because he's called The Dark Knight, and he has a sidekick, a batarang, grappling guns.
7: The Justice League
6: Phineas and Ferb.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
8: I don't know, because I'm pretty different from all the people I've read about.
7: In my opinion, I don't know. Everyone looks different than me.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
8: Jeremy Lin and Kobe Bryant.
7: Daddy and you. Because you stop me from crossing the street without looking both ways.
6: Well, you're a hero. And Daddy's a hero. And a lifeguard's a hero.
31. What are your favorite names?
8: Isaac, because it's my real name!
7: Jack is a pretty popular name. And Callisto which is pretty rare.
6: Tristan, Mr. Dan.
32. What is it that you most dislike?
8: Brussel sprouts because they taste like omelets.
7: I don't get to meet up with F--- that much. But she still loves me.
6: When my little sister accidentally does something bad.
33. What is your greatest regret? (explained as something you wish you could have done differently)
8: Probably making my mom and dad to take away my DS, my iPad, and also my Leapfrog.
7: Do every question on every math test correctly.
6: When I lied to Mr. Dan.
34. How would you like to die?
8: I'd like to die in a mansion dreaming that I was a millionaire counting up my money.
6: I don't wanna die!
35. What is your motto? (explained as what do you tell yourself over and over)
8: "Look around at what you DO have, don't whine about what you DON'T have."
7: "Never give up."
6: I have a helping hand.